In addition to families and individuals, Clarfeld offers a robust investment platform for operating and non-operating foundations and other nonprofit organizations.
Understanding the unique investment objectives, risks, time horizons and related budget parameters for nonprofit and other specialized organizations requires an expertise that can only be derived from years of experience.
Our culture of comprehensive wealth management enables us to offer more than the simple approach of purely growing assets; we are able to address specific cash flow and budgeting constraints and opportunities.
We work with organizations to establish short- and long-term objectives as well as operating and capital budgets. We also work directly with finance committees to educate directors on portfolio management, and structure and communicate an organization’s investment policy with the goal of enhancing stakeholder buy-in.
Our services for Endowments, Foundations and Nonprofit Organizations include:
- Review of policy documents
- Assistance with operational budgets
- Review of capital budgets
- Develop, review and monitor investment policy statements
- Asset allocation and portfolio construction
- Customized reports
- Active participation in board meetings
- Fiduciary compliance
- Ongoing monitoring and due diligence of all investment managers
- Analysis of the investment history and current needs of each organization
For most, divorce is unchartered territory that requires a tremendous amount of time, energy and a distinct understanding of the financial aspects surrounding each decision that must be made.
We assist our clients through this difficult period of their lives by offering the necessary financial education, support and planning necessary to navigate the complex long-term ramifications surrounding divorce.
The support we offer clients and their attorneys includes:
- Assistance with preparation of financial filings
- Current lifestyle cash flow analysis
- Ongoing and long-term cash flow budgeting and forecasting
- Analyzing and communicating potential tax issues
- Evaluation of proposed settlements from an after-tax perspective
- Alternative settlement proposal development
- Oversight on asset transfers and titling
Over time individuals and families accumulate file cabinets of documents, sometimes stored in multiple locations. While some documents are important and need to be retained, many others are long past their usefulness and should be shredded. LifeSlate™ is our proprietary process for analyzing and reviewing client files – this distinctive solution labels, organizes, scans and uploads all pertinent family documents to our highly customized encrypted online vault. Once documents are posted to our secure, online vault, clients have the ability to input various types of accompanying narratives, while granting subject-specific access to family and advisors.
LifeSlate™ is a uniquely flexible solution to the problem of retaining, accessing and passing on important business and personal aspects of one’s life through a secure and user-friendly platform. Our LifeSlate™ process is remarkably robust and offers the ability to:
- Establish and implement family document retention guidelines
- Consolidate, organize, archive and digitize all family documents, intentions and supporting narratives
- Create differing rights of digital access for family members, advisors, trustees and executors
- Provide assurance that critical family (financial/non-financial) documents remain current